- This cake is the BEST cake I may have ever had. I took it to one of our Educate and Experience with Essential Oil Workshops and the attendees gobbled it down in no time flat. Lemon & Lavender Cake Recipe with essential oils*Please make sure when using essential oils for your recipes that you are using a pure, unadulterated essential oil that goes through a certification process.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 6 drops lemon essential oil*
- 2 drops lavender essential oil*
- 1 lemon (zest for cake, juice for glaze)
- 3 cups sifted flour (or cake flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 package instant lemon pudding
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk (2 cups for pudding; 1/2 cup for cake)
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1-2 organic lavender buds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring butter to room temperature. In separate bowl, mix butter and sugar with hand mixer, beat until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and lemon zest to form batter.
In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to batter and blend with mixer. Meanwhile, prepare instant pudding as directed on box, then allow to set for five minutes. Add pudding and additional milk to cake batter, beat on medium for 2-3 minutes.
Pour prepared batter into greased Bundt pan (I use cooking coconut oil spray) and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Allow cake to cool for 30 minutes, remove cake from Bundt pan, and place on cake plate to cool another 20 minutes.
For lemon and lavender icing: In separate bowl, combine the juice of one lemon with 3 cups of sifted confectioners sugar, 1 drop lavender essential oil and 4 drops lemon oil. Blend together to make icing – add more confectioner’s sugar or water to get the right consistency.
Once cake is cool, pour icing on top and garnish with a few fresh lavender buds, then dust with confectioner’s sugar.